Wednesday, December 07, 2005

How different are e-books compared to regular picture books? After evaluating the e-books, I quickly recognized how different e-books are compared to the traditional picture book. Before I started this assignment, I found it hard to believe you could actually put a book up on the computer and keep it interesting. As I was growing up, I would have never imagined there being a book on the computer. I was dedicated to my traditional page-flipping treasures. I loved showing off my collection of books and being able to pick them up whenever I wanted. This gave me the flexibility to read when I wanted. Having a computer in my room at such a young age would have been considered an extreme luxury. This is how e-books differ from regular, old-fashioned picture books. Either children would have set limits to reading when and where they wanted or would not even have the opportunity to use a computer. Reading should not be considered a luxury. It should be available at all times and also have the flexibility to be put or placed anywhere the child feels most comfortable. To view more of this click here!

Above is an excerpt from my e-book evaluation. I had never been exposed to such technology before this class. In my evaluation, I spoke about both the positive and negative aspects of having e-books. In short, I didn't see much diversity included in the e-books, however I found it interesting that children who are glued to the computer or television, still have the opportunity to learn to improve their reading skills while using technology. I never was exposed to this positive aspect about using technology. I view computers as something plain complicated and pointless to education. This class has opened my eyes to the realities of our future classrooms. I expected to learn a few tricks here and there in this class but now I have realized the importantance of including the different types of technology when we are teaching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home