Sunday, December 04, 2005

"Technologically literate” people surround us! I have found that the help desk on campus has helped me with numerous, frustrating issues that seem so basic and easy to fix. By far, my mother would be the one I can identify with as being the most advance when it comes to technology. She was a Special Education professor for the University of West Florida last year and taught on-line courses during the summer for people interested in sharpening their skills in the Corrections Education field. I always wondered how she became advance. I tried to watch her so that I could keep up but it didn’t seem like I was ever on the same page as her or my other co-workers. She has many characteristics that benefit her personal and business life. She is able to advance further because she has the skills necessary to land any job she puts her mind to. She loves to learn especially about technology because it’s the fastest growing field. I have learned to be precise and cautious of your work. I always double or triple check my work because you can easily make a mistake with technology. It can make life easier but at times it can be frustrating. Click here for more...

Above is an excerpt from my Experience with Technology. I learned a lot about myself during this assignment. I learned how technologically illiterate I was and how much room I had to improve to succeed in the Education field. Basically, I was more than ready to learn as much as possible. My mother was constantly using some form of technology in and out of the office. I should have learned more than what I know now but it all takes time and patience. Taking this class has helped me realize how important technology is as a future educator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home