Sunday, November 13, 2005

Mexico has a different school level arrangement than the United States does. Different from the United States, Mexico combines Elementary school and Middle school in one school. Because of the long time the students spend in this institution, it’s a special occasion when the students graduate; therefore, they usually are rewarded with a gift. When my older brother graduated from this institution, my mother gave him a Walkman. I was eight years old at that time, and this item became my first experience with technology. When my brother first let me use his Walkman, I was unfamiliar with the function of each push button, mostly because the instructions of each push button such as play, stop, and fast forward, etc where not translated into Spanish. I first became frustrated and very irritated not knowing how to operate the Walkman. The Walkman was about the size of both of my hands, black with golden letters that spelled SONY, which at that time I did not what they mean. My brother gradually taught me the function of each key. I rapidly became amazed by its function.

I recently bought a mini IPod; it holds 4 GB of memory. In order to download music into my mini IPod, I first insert a music CD into the CD room of my computer. Second, once the software had downloaded all the songs from the music CD, I then select the song I want to be downloaded into the IPod. Finally, I select the update key on my I Pod, and then the songs download in to the mini Ipod.

Through out the years I have experience a numerous of technology changes. In the first part of my posting, I provided part of my “Technology Autobiography”, which describes my first experience with technology. On the other hand, in the second part of my posting, I provided one of my latest experiences with technology. In order to read more about my Technology Autography click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home